What We Ate Lately

Friday, September 14, 2012

Trying to keep up the pace here on this blog, so here's a post on what we ate lately ;P 
I had a post like this before and by overseeing the statistic data of this blog I found that the "What We Ate" posts are one of the most read ones, so I thought I'd do it again (maybe regularly ?). 

So anyway, here's this month's edition of what we ate (and drank) lately ;)

 
 Sushi Tei
Pondok Indah Mall 2
Here's the drinks that we order from when we were having a Sunday Sushi lunch at Sushi Tei. I've been dying to try out their Salmon Carpaccio but always forgot about it, maybe because we were always distracted by the various sushi options on the menu. Maybe next time.. The drinks are a real thirst quencher though.. ;)


Pad Thai 
Thai & I, Pondok Indah Mall 1
I usually would order the Seafood Tom Yum Soup or the Pad Thai in Thai Express because both dishes are slurpy goooood ;p Love the presentation too! The pad thai came in a small wok with pandan leaves as the dish base. I also love the level of spiciness!


American Breakfast 
TRS Diner, Cilandak Town Square
I forgot the exact name of this order but it's one of the breakfast menu offered at TRS Diner. I love almost everything in TRS Diner and they always serve the breakfast menu all day, even for dinner ;) From the hearty breakfast menu above I love the baked beans the most! But everything else is also good :D - Full review coming soon!


Kimberly's Green Sausage Pasta & Capers, Fried Buttermilk Mushroom, Blueberry Lemonade
Nanny's Pavillion - Sewing Room @Gandaria City

I've reviewed Nanny's Pavillion before (over here) and (here). But this one is at another counter, the one in Gandaria City. I ordered Kimberly's Green Sausage Pasta and Capers and Fried Buttermilk Mushroom.

And I don't know if it's just me ..but i found that all the food in the Gandaria City's counter are not as good as the one in Pacific Place. We tend to always ordered the same thing over and over again at Nanny's Pavillion Bathroom counter at Pacific Place so we also ordered the same menu while in their "Sewing Room" counter, and that's how we noticed that something seems not quite right. So far, the one in Pacific Place tastes better than the one in Gandaria City. So if you never try Nanny's Pavillion before I suggest their "Bathroom" counter at Pacific Place instead.


Chicken Glass Noodles with Meatballs Soup
(Bihun Ayam Baso) @ Bakmi Bangka Afen, Pondok Indah (Pertok)

As you might probably have figured out by now if you read my blog regularly, I am a noodles lover :D I love noodle dish, but I only like thin noodles. I don't like big / thicker noodles such as Udon, etc - I like mine thinner ;p The thinner the noodles, the more i like it ;)

So no wonder I love glass noodles, because they are super thin, LOL. Bakmi Bangka Afen is one of our favorite noodles resto, and it's located not far from our house too. And it's relatively cheaper than the ones in the mall ;p

On one of our outings there I ordered this chicken glass noodles with meatballs soup, and it was a delish (as expected from Bakmi Bangka Afen ;p). If you live near Pondok Indah area you must try this place, I have been a fan since I first visited this place back when I was in high school!


 Crab Corn Soup, Dory Fish Fillets Sprinkled with Salted Egg, Sauteed Green Vegetable, Blackpeppered Beef.
Ta Wan - Setiabudi One
It was my mother in law's Birthday and we left for dinner pretty late that night and didn't have any reservations. My MIL (mother in law) loves Ta Wan so much so it was a safe bet to go there for her Bday dinner. 
Ta Wan is one of our favorite family restaurant because we have tried literally almost everything on their menu and not once did we find something bad with the food. All the food on the menu always came out delicious, thumbs up for Ta Wan! Well I don't know about the other counters but the one at Setiabudi Building is highly recommended! ;D

Chocolate Mocha Milkshake and Sausage + Fries Platter.
BMC - Bandoengshce Melk Centrale, Bandung
We went to Bandung (a nearby city from Jakarta) several times these past few weeks and in one of our outings there we stopped by at BMC for an afternoon snack before heading back to Jakarta. I ordered the above menu because I was half hungry, LOL. The milkshake is good, and i love the historical building as well as the history behind the BMC itself.



Cheese Burger from Klenger Burger
Klenger burger is one of local burger stalls, i think they're trying to be the dupe of the more famous local burger joint: Blenger Burger (noticed the similar name?), but sadly they failed big times :( - This particular cheese burger that I ordered was so blah, I would prefer the more cheaper Dwima Burger over these Klengers.



Red Velvet Cake
I got this from my sister in law who in turn..got this from her sister in law (confuse, much? ;p). I don't know if this is home made or bought from the store but this one is soo delicious and looks really great. I love the color red so seeing this cake in display is really a feast for my eyes ;)



Spicy Chicken Ramen and Baked Potato with Butter
Kin No Taki Restaurant, PIM 2

As usual, at least once a month we ate at Kin No Taki ;p If you read my blog long enough you would know that this is one of our fave Japanese resto in Jakarta ;) - You can read my review here.

Meanwhile, if you dine there don't bother to order the baked potato with butter above (I forgot to take note of the Japanese name on the menu), it was really just a baked potato with butter ;(


Chicken Glass Noodle Soup
Bakmi Villa, Cinere

This is one of our old hang-out place, and it has been there for quite a long time too so almost everybody who lives in nearby area would know about this noodle place. I usually ordered the Yamin noodle but these past few weeks I am more into glass noodle soup, and I don't know why ;p

Almost everything in Bakmi Villa are delicious, their fried wonton are similar to the ones from the more popular big brand noodle restaurant Bakmi GM ;p They also have Iced Passion fruit drink which is my favorite drink everrr!


Rotiboy
Carrefour Lebak Bulus
This is one of my favorite munches ;p Rotiboy is simply a type of bread/bakery with coffee topping and butter filling. It's crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Super yumminess in one simple bun.
Hubby K brought me one of these when he arrived home from work one day. Well actually I gave him a hint earlier that I'm craving this big fat boy ;p



ABC Selera Pedas Hot Tomato Instant Noodle Soup
This is an instant noodle soup, I ate it late at night in the middle of my blogging when I got hungry ;p I love noodles so it's no wonder that I always stocked my cupboard with instant noodles ;p I know eating them regularly (or eating any instant food) can cause a great danger for our health so I tried to only eat them sparingly. This is one of my favorite hot and spicy instant noodle soup brand on the market.


Roasted Chicken Salad
Kenny Rogers, Pondok Indah Mall 2

Sorry for the almost-empty plate photo hahaha... I was invited for a BFF meet-up by The Body Shop team at Kenny Rogers (the whole story on The Body Shop BFFs here), and knowing that Kenny Rogers have a big portion of individual food so I was afraid that I couldn't finish their meal. I don't want to offend the ones who invited me by not finishing my meal so I ordered a smaller meal instead which is the Roasted Chicken Salad above. 

Well it turns out that I was still hungry when I left Kenny Rogers, LOL - so I end up buying some pretzels instead to satisfy my belly ;p


Cheese and Original Pretzels
Auntie Anne's, Pondok Indah Mall 1
I knew Auntie Anne's pretzels since my early work days and was feeling a little bit sad when I can't find them on my usual spot, but now I'm glad that there are one of their counter near my house ;) - I love both the cheese and the original ones, and I always ordered an additional cheese dip for my pretzels ;p


Chicken Porridge, Omelette with Potatoes and Sausage platter
Savoy Homann Breakfast area

Me and K were accompanying K's father to Bandung for his reunion. The reunion were held at one of the famous historical hotel in Bandung which is the Savoy Homann. The reunion wasn't until 10:00 am so when we arrived there early we had a chance to grab some breakfast at the hotel's famous breakfast spot, the Garden Restaurant. 

I really love it! I love the ambiance of the place and the various selections of breakfast buffet that were offered. All the food were delicious too. Both me and K are breakfast buffet lovers so we were absolutely in heaven there ;p 

You can have breakfast there even if you don't stay at the hotel, just paid an "all you can eat" price at the front desk near the entry to the breakfast area.



Chicken Noodle in Sweet Sauce with Meatballs & Trife Soup
(Yamin Manis Ayam + Baso Babat) @ Cafe Halaman, Bandung

While waiting for K's father reunion, me and K went shopping at factory outlets ;p And then we went to Cafe Halaman for lunch. Cafe Halaman is one of my hang out place when I was still in college so to be there again after all of this time is such a great feeling. I ordered their famous Bakmi Tasik which is as above. I would still prefer Bakmi Lela at Dago Atas / upper Dago area though, but this Bakmi Tasik is still OK lah ;p


Home-made Steak with Potato Wedges, Steamed Carrots and Green Beans
Nothing really special, this is just a home-cooked meal on an ordinary night at home.. I thought I'd put up a picture of a homemade meal for a change, instead of those restaurant meals photos ;p



Kupat Tahu Burangrang
(RiceCake & Silk Tofu Dish with sauce), @ a small stall in Bandung
This is a local / traditional dish that we ate when we're in Bandung. I don't really like this dish. I ordered this one because I don't like their other menu which is Kupat Tahu Petis, and unfortunately both Kupat Tahu and Kupat Tahu Petis are not for my likings. But both my parents in law loves the Kupat Tahu Petis because this is practically their childhood food. Me and hubby K are not really a fan though.


Hot Cappuccino @ Warung Garem-Garem
Jln Cihampelas, Bandung

K's cousins family were opening a new cafe called Warung Garem-Garem that has newly moved to it's new place at Cihampelas street. It was a pre-opening small celebration party, held for family and close friends. The food served were buffet style, and all of them tastes delicious because the whole family are into culinary business for so long so they really know what they're doing ;)

I asked if they have coffee and one of the friendly waitress kindly offered me a Cappuccino or a latte, and I chose the Cappuccino instead. It tasted so good with a strong coffee blend in it, unlike your usual cappuccino which can be too sweet. My cousin who runs the place thinks that it might be too strong for public's general taste and he might change the consistency but as a coffee lover I'd say it's gooodd ;) 

Do come and stopped by at Warung Garem Garem at Cihampelas (at the corner, right across the Advent hospital). They already had their soft opening last week ;)



And that's it guys!..
Phew... it became a long post in the end ;p

So what did you guys ate lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments, that means we're "interacting" ^o^
Thank you for the comment and I'll return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS