Home Decor Inspirations : House Beautiful Style 101 Book

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I have always loved home decoration or interior books since I was a little kid. My dad is an architect who pursued a career in interior designer, so there were a lot of interior design books as well as home decor magazines in his office at home. I used to climb the tall book rack in my dad's office room to picked up some magazines and bring them to my bed. 

When I was a kid, those magazines are my bedtime stories ;p I love to flip over the pages on my bed before I go to sleep. I let my imagination fly away until I finally fell asleep. Unlike other little girls who dreamed about their perfect wedding day since they were a kid, I dreamed of my perfect house since I was a kid. 
Yes, I was a weird kid ^o^

Nowadays I don't get to see a lot of interior magazines anymore because everything is digital now. I can easily browse the internet for decorating inspirations on my laptop or through my ipad before I go to sleep. But when I saw this little bundle of decor inspiration book by House Beautiful, I couldn't help myself. 


I wanted to buy it and have it on my hands. When I first found this book, it was the first weeks after we heard the news that our unit is almost ready. So I was looking for inspirations to decorate our tiny unit. I decided to grabbed this book because: 

(a). It was on discount and the final price was very tempting,
(b). It was from the popular home decor magazine House Beautiful which I remember was one of my favorite magazine from my dad's book rack,
(c). I think the book would also look pretty for a coffee table book ;)

I got this book from my favorite online book store which is The Book Depository. If you didn't know about them yet, then you're surely missing out. They have a very wide selections of books (and a few stationaries too), and they ship worldwide! (say what?!) Yes. Books >> Free Shipping >> Worldwide. 
'Nuff said.


I love love love the book because it was packed full with colorful pages and inspirations for home decoration. The book also defined several styles of home decorating, complete with a personal quiz at the beginning of the book, to let you know which of the decorative style you fall into. Very useful especially if you're a newbie or if you just recently into interior designing and didn't really know which style you are into ;p

According to the book, I am between "Glam" and "Accessorator", while hubby K was "Traditional with A Twist". A totally opposite decorating style, right? So you can imagine how we clashed in most of our decorating discussion, LOL. But in the end, I was able to convinced him that I know what I'm doing because it's all been in my head since I was a little kid ;p


This is a nice book and if you love home decor or if you're looking for inspirations on how to decorate your house, then this might be a book to read. The book is actually pretty small (about the size of ipad mini) but it has hard cover and it has medium-thick pages which were full with colorful inspiring photos of gorgeous decors of real rooms. You can also took the quiz to know your home decorating style (which is an interesting fact to know).


Do you know similar books like this that would be worthy to buy? 
Please kindly lemme know so I can check on it too :)



See you on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments, that means we're "interacting" ^o^
Thank you for the comment and I'll return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS