Stationary Haul #5

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A while ago my bestie went to Japan for holiday. She asked me if I wanted to get anything from Japan that she could buy for me and let me paid them back later when she gets back. So aside of asking her help to get me the Dollywink eyeliner (which is my HG eyeliner!) I also asked her to bring some washi goodies!

Washi tapes are relatively cheaper in Japan because they are originated from there. According to wikipedia, washi is a style of paper that was first made in Japan. Washi is commonly made using fibers from the bark of gampi tree, mitsumata shrub, or mulberry tree, but also can be made using bamboo, hemp, rice, and wheat. Washi is generally tougher than ordinary paper made from wood pulp, and is used in many traditional arts. Washi tape could be as strong as duct tape but the special thing about washi tape is you can do lots of things with them as they come in many many patterns and colors. They can also be re-arranged and removable without leaving any marks on the surface. Well, at least the good ones do :)

The most popular brand of Japanese washi tapes is probably MTex. Their washi tapes are beautiful, comes in many gorgeous detailed patterns, made of high quality fibers, and they also comes in many sizes. MTex washi tapes are still hard to get here locally and they are still expensive here, so I asked my friend to bring me some MTex washis so I can get them with cheaper price :)

She also bring with her several other washis and I decided to sell some of them on my Instagram. You can check out which washi tapes that we're offering on my instagram (@yurikristia), or you can also check out my next post tomorrow because I will be posting all the washi tapes on offer :)

Meanwhile, here is some of the goodies that my friend brought me from Japan. Some of them are gifts from her, and some others are paid by me :)


I got myself a couple of MTex washi tapes as well as washi from other Japanese brand: Maste - which is also one of the popular brand for washi. I also received some unbranded washi tapes as well as a purple-ish/pink pencil case which is so cute! She also got me a small notebook and a couple of face masks and beauty samples. 

I bought the big size washi which is 30mm as well as the medium ones (25mm) and also some of the regular washi size (15mm). I'm so happy and satisfied with my Japanese purchase! Don't forget to check back here tomorrow to see which washi tapes I'm selling (Indonesian only), or you can also go to my Instagram page and scroll down while you're there to see all the Japanese washi tapes I'm currently offering for sale.


Meanwhile, here are some of my favorite washi tapes from this haul :

-----------------------------------------

Psstt, these two MTex washi tapes above are currently on sale for IDR 50.000 - 59.000 (cheaper than the bookstore!)



See you on my next stationary / planner post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love comments, that means we're "interacting" ^o^
Thank you for the comment and I'll return the favors by checking out and comment back on your blog ^o^

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS